Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Walmart, Heaven on Earth

Hello to all of my fellow camp counselors!

Before I was a counselor, I couldn't stand going in to Walmart. Maybe it was the crowds, maybe it was the people that made up those crowds (see PeopleofWalmart.com) or maybe I just didn't fully appreciate the vast glory that is Walmart. But once I started working as a counselor, I quickly learned that in reality, Walmart is truly heavenly.

It's Cheap
The amount of money I spend on cabin decorations, crafts, themed outfits and late night snacks is outrageous. Thankfully, Walmart sells in bulk and cheap. That plus a little bit of thrift store hunting saves me hundreds of dollars.

They Sell Everything
My weekly shopping list typically includes flip flops, a water bottle, sun screen, a t-shirt, sun glasses, cereal, nutella, and lots of cabin decorations. And that only BEGINS to explain how different the things I need are. Enter Walmart. It's all there. Clothes? Check. Food? Check. Camping supplies? Check. Personal hygiene? Check. Decorations? Check. I'm serious. EVERYTHING.

There Are Fun Things On Sale
My favorite area of Walmart is the dollar box. They sell random snacks, decorations, party favors, etc. for a dollar or less. You never know what you need until it's on sale for a dollar.

McDonalds
Or some kind of fast food usually reside in Walmart. And on a camp budget and counselor hunger, sometimes you just need food fast.

Pure Entertainment
The lovely frequent shoppers of Walmart (including myself, I have pink cat pajamas that have seen Walmart) are sometimes rather, well, colorful. And sometimes after a week at camp, they are just what you need.

Shop on!
You are amazing!
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment