Thursday, October 1, 2015

Up Close and Personal: Life Update

Hello to all of my fellow camp counselors and staff!

I hope everyone had a PHENOMENAL summer. I know I did!

Summer of 2015 was my second as an assistant director. I can't even begin to say how much I learned this summer. It was full of challenges and successes, and I am so proud of my staff. We really focus on having a growth mindset, and we believe in the philosophy of never "arriving", and always having something more to learn. I look forward to sharing more about this in it's own blog post.

I was honored to be offered a year-round job with the camp. I am now wrapping up my fourth week as the on-site director of our after school program. I've already gotten the opportunity to see more of the behind-the-scenes of camp. I also have the greatest sense of responsibility for the success or failure of this business that I ever have. It is amazing how much I didn't know about camp, and I can't wait to learn more!

Having graduated from college in May, I'm still in a little bit of shock over the changes in my life. For the first time since I was 5, I don't go to school. It feels so strange to go to work every day, and hold myself accountable to complete my work and be prepared, knowing that there isn't an exam. Am I homesick for college? Absolutely. I completely own the fact that I stalk my younger sorority sisters on all forms of social media. I am nearly constantly talking to my friends from school, all of whom have dispersed across the country. I remember having a similar feeling when I left home for college, and I know it's just an adjustment.

I'm excited to get back to blogging and share what I can about my experience. As always, I'd love to hear from anyone who reads my blog (that's you mom)!

Happy fall!
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment